The AT&T Performing Arts Center announced last year the box office/information center would open in May 2013. Well, open it will, right on time this coming Monday. The structure was a point of contention way back in 2009 when the center first opened. Critics cited the lack of any features in the then-new AT&T PAC that could facilitate pedestrian engagement and park life in a multi-million development that was billed, in part, as a neighborhood development and urban revitalization project. Well, the information center, which will include a Pearl Cup coffee shop, will now hopefully be part of the solution, generating some activity outside of performance and food truck times. Here’s the full release.
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas
- How Chart Westcott Raised $1.2 Million for a State Rep Race and Only Got 30 Percent of the Vote by Eric Celeste
- A Lament for John Carona by Wick Allison
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings, Ctd. by Tim Rogers
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.