Last night at the Dallas Center for Architecture, I moderated a panel that discussed the relationship between Fair Park and South Dallas, and how Fair Park’s design and use impact the surrounding neighborhoods. The panel members included Rev. Gerald Britt, Robert Foster,Patrick Kennedy, Hank Lawson, and Vicki Meek, and the conversation brought a number of issues to light regarding the history and use of the park and the ongoing difficulties that face redevelopment there. I wanted to pull out a few takeaways, as well as put forth a few ideas to keep the conversation going. If you’re interested in your city, head on over to FrontBurner.
- Save Your Nelson Mandela Status Messages, the Omni Dallas Just Won by Bradford Pearson
- The 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas 2013 by Raya Ramsey
- Libertine Bar
- The Loon Must Move to a New Location in Dallas by Nancy Nichols
- Courtney Loves Dallas Episode 1 Recap by Tim Rogers
- Exclusive McFarland Cuisine Report: Which Dallas Restaurants are Open Today by Nancy Nichols
- The Cowboys-Bears Bet by Tim Rogers
- Leading Off (12/9/13) by Cristina Daglas
- Pearl Cup on Henderson Closes, Austin-Based Houndstooth Coffee Takes Over by Carol Shih
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.