Input from the outside is most welcome. Kudos to SMU for commissioning Creative Time to listen to our arts community. We’ve spent a lot of money on the arts in Dallas (look downtown). But where are the street level artists? Creative Time points out that by supporting small and emerging orgs like La Reunion TX, all benefit and all survive in the long run. I appreciate the report so much I’m booking the local coordinator of the project, Leila Grothe to come talk on a panel discussion I’m coordinating for the NX35 Conferette loosely called ‘DFW is the New Black’. Save the date – March 11 at 11am in Denton. More details soon.
3/29/15 SunVerizon Theatre (formerly Nokia Theatre)
3/29/15 SunThe Margot and Bill Winspear Opera House
3/29/15 SunKalita Humphreys Theater
3/29/15 SunAmerican Airlines Center
3/29/15 SunThe Dallas Museum of Art
3/31/15 TuePhotographs Do Not Bend Gallery
4/2/15 ThuClub Dada
4/2/15 ThuWyly Theatre
- Poll: Would You Care if the State Fair of Texas Left Fair Park? by Peter Simek
- Incredibly Dumb Claim Made Against DISD Found to Be Incredibly Dumb by Eric Celeste
- Leading Off (3/25/15) by Peter Simek
- Leslie Brenner Offers You a Morning Giggle by Tim Rogers
- Why Portland Has So Little Congestion by Patrick Kennedy
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »