After reading all these art self help bromides from the Creative Times, I feel about the same way as I do listening to Wayne Dyer on PBS — kind of dull and bored in half-assed submission. I would wonder if they actually came to Dallas to come up with such trite generic suggestions, except that I did go to one dinner they had, which was astonishing in its lack of inclusion. (I’m inclined to comment on racial parity when there’s an egregious lack of it.) I noticed that this is a “prize report,” which means that SMU actually paid for this? So, I guess they went to lunch with a couple art “professionals” and then spent an hour or so coming up with “sharing meals,” “take agency,” “give collectors space” is this a parody of the real report? They can’t be that stupid, or maybe they figure we are.
3/29/15 SunVerizon Theatre (formerly Nokia Theatre)
3/29/15 SunThe Margot and Bill Winspear Opera House
3/29/15 SunKalita Humphreys Theater
3/29/15 SunAmerican Airlines Center
3/29/15 SunThe Dallas Museum of Art
3/31/15 TuePhotographs Do Not Bend Gallery
4/2/15 ThuClub Dada
4/2/15 ThuWyly Theatre
- Poll: Would You Care if the State Fair of Texas Left Fair Park? by Peter Simek
- Incredibly Dumb Claim Made Against DISD Found to Be Incredibly Dumb by Eric Celeste
- Leading Off (3/25/15) by Peter Simek
- Leslie Brenner Offers You a Morning Giggle by Tim Rogers
- Why Portland Has So Little Congestion by Patrick Kennedy
Sign up to our newsletters to get top news stories and breaking alerts delivered to your email inbox.
Advertisement will run for seconds. Continue to site »