I stumbled upon a new cable channel last night: The Hub. Co-owned by Discovery and Hasbro, it’s a mish-mash of children’s shows and sitcom reruns. But the reason it caught my attention is that The Hub’s 11 p.m.-to-midnight programming is The Transformers and G.I. Joe, the seminal cartoons of my youth. It makes perfect sense, of course. Even as a kid, I knew both of those shows were blatant attempts to promote toys made by Hasbro. Now, you know. And knowing is half the battle.
- Fact Checking Museum Tower’s Bold Sales Claim by Tim Rogers
- Have Questions About Home-Rule Effort? Ask Them Here. by Krista Nightengale
- Leading Off (3/4/14) by Tim Rogers
- Stop What You’re Doing and Watch This Inspiring Video of Mayor Mike Rawlings by Tim Rogers
- Rena Honea and Mike Morath Debate Making DISD a Home-Rule District by Cristina Daglas
Sign up to our newsletters to Get D insider information and updates in your inbox.